Saturday, September 28, 2024

Why religion doesn't push me towards the Democrats

I grew up in a religious family. Religion has always come off as a way to explain the unknown. Over the years, I have seen far better explanations for how everything works than some magical being. Ultimately, it seems more likely that God was a creation of man rather than the other way around.

I have long insisted that true knowledge does not exist. There is always a way you can be wrong. I can at least imagine how a super powerful being could set things into motion. It's even possible that science can be wrong. One way to view my religious beliefs is that I am an atheist with some agnostic traits.

Most atheists tend to support the Democrats. I'm not most atheists. I don't want to be too preachy, but I at least want to explain why religion doesn't push me towards the Democrats.

The simple reality is that most atheists embrace certain religious tendencies. If God isn't their religion, they have to find something to fill that void. In many cases, they treat government as their religion. The Democrats are clearly the party of government.

Some atheists also treat science as a religion. Science certainly has its values, but you're not going to see me uttering the words, "In Fauci we trust." I should also point out that science is not a reason to support the Democrats. Although they have been portrayed as the party of science, the Democrats have typically rejected the science of genetically modified organisms while disproportionately attracting believers in psychics and astrology. Much like I don't worship at the altar of government, I also don't worship at the altar of liberal pseudoscience.

Unlike most atheists, I am not religious. Christianity doesn't lead me to the Republicans. Government and pseudoscience do not lead me to the Democrats. Since neither party reflects my lack of religious views, that is pretty much irrelevant when it comes to my political beliefs.

Outside of religion, what matters to me? I have been told my whole life that I have no right to be me. The Democrats want to grow the government. Big government leads to increased government control. Democrats only make things worse for people like me. This is why I openly oppose the Democratic party.

I hate having to repeat myself, but this can lead to something that a lot of people struggle to comprehend. I don't like the Republicans. Unfortunately, we have a two-party system. Between the two, we frequently must side with the lesser of two evils. Despite my disagreements with Republicans, I absolutely can't stand the Democrats. That's why I tend to side with Republicans.

No comments:

Post a Comment