Thursday, December 3, 2020

My Idea Outlet: Educational Rights>Educational Resource Center>Membership

A new page, Educational Resource Center>Membership, has been added to my Educational Rights notebook for My Idea Outlet. The contents can be found below.


In schools, children become enrolled students. Since I want to distance myself from the disastrous schooling system, I would like an educational resource center to use different terminology. When it comes to children learning at the facilities, I like to think of the children as members of the organization.

Membership can come in many forms. For example, one form could synchronize with the schools. This could be especially useful if parents have at least one child with a membership and another attending a traditional school. This could mean 180 days that can be used on weekdays outside of summer vacation.

The more obvious forms of membership would be unlimited visits monthly or yearly. I also like the idea of supplementary memberships for those who are still expected to go to schools. This can come in two forms. One would be during the school year. Students would be able to utilize educational resources at the facility after school and on weekends. The other would be a summer program.

Officially, I wouldn't want many options beyond these. Too many options can become confusing. I am open to a split enrollment option where someone can enroll at one school and replace some class time with independent learning at these facilities. This option could become complicated, and I would prefer to have staff or a third party calculate the amounts based off the specifics.

Funds from memberships should primarily be used to secure educational resources. This includes the acquisition of books, computers, art supplies, and more. It can also include salaries for individuals who can act as resources, fees for off-site rentals, and some forms of travel.

Since I do not want to deprive individuals of access to educational resources, I am open to some form of financial assistance. Ideally, I would like the process to be simple. At this time, I honestly don't have any specifics to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment