Tuesday, December 3, 2019

My Idea Outlet: Presentation Software>Development>Description

A new page, Development>Description, has been added to my Presentation Software notebook for My Idea Outlet. The contents can be found below.


There are several important ideas that I need to address when looking at possibilities for a new kind of presentation software. Obviously, there needs to be a way to properly prepare a presentation. Presentation development is something that I will need to look at.

I see two primary approaches to presentation development. One would be utilizing a graphical interface. The other would be a text-based interface. Generally speaking, the graphical interface should be faster while text should be available to add depth of capabilities including the potential for code. Users should be able to switch between the two.

The graphical interface should generate associated text. Only text that can be properly converted to the graphical interface would show in that mode.

Presentations will include two primary types of items, segments and flow. There should be an alternation between these two items. These items can include contents for segments, simple instructions for flow, properties for either, and possibly code. An empty presentation will have a start segment, an end segment, and a simple flow element to connect them.

I will explore the basics for both the graphical and text-based interfaces. I will also create a separate section to better explain the types of segments and flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment