Sunday, September 15, 2019

Fun with Excel - Equality IV

Previously, I looked at how taking more skills in consideration can increase the number of people you have to look at before you can find someone who is stronger in everything. Now, I want to take a look at a variant of the same concept. I created a new spreadsheet, and this time I expanded to eight skills.



The idea behind this spreadsheet is to look at how many people out of 100,000 exceed each individual in every skill. I am not just including the counts for eight skills. I am also going with one through seven skills. When taking just one skill level into consideration, this is effectively a ranking. The top person will only have himself as equal to or greater than his own skill. The second highest person will have himself and the top individual.

The concept remains the same. I am looking at how taking more skills into consideration can help individuals stand out. Keep in mind that different people value things differently. Looking at how many are superior in this manner reflects measures that benefit each individual. If you look at this as a potential for infinite skills measured, these numbers would all eventually reach one

For now, I have only set up the spreadsheet. I have copied most formulas with values. This should minimize the time spent on calculations when future updates are added. I kept a single formula in the top of the Sup 8 (# of superior individuals when considering 8 skills) to show how the formulas were set up. Obviously, I also used RAND() to establish each value for the skills themselves.

In the future, I will try to further explain the numbers that came up. If you want to see the current version of the spreadsheet, you can find it at:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ar3VXpGA-24ugYFuhLxVxAZmfsyTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment