Thursday, April 18, 2019

My Idea Outlet: Educational Rights>Split Enrollment>Description

A new page, Split Enrollment>Description, has been added to my Educational Rights notebook for My Idea Outlet. The contents can be found below.


One of the many criticisms that I have aimed at our schools is that we insist that a single facility should be responsible for all of our educational needs. For example, people who choose their schools might have sports opportunities based off of where they want to develop academically. Others might end up with academic opportunities based off of their sports interests. Sports and academics are very different, and I find it illogical to expect all students pursue one interest based off of other interests.

There is a reason that I picked sports in my example. I am already writing about my views regarding how a school should handle sports. I am open to including sports with an educational facility. This is because our current schooling model could deprive learners of opportunities unless such a facility provided basic accommodations. Ultimately, I would prefer recreational sports to become disconnected from other learning opportunities.

What if a teenager could pick what they are allowed to learn and where for different educational pursuits? What if we could find a way to streamline such things as admissions and costs associated with attending multiple facilities? That is the idea behind developing a split enrollment program.

Although I hate utilizing schooling terms while trying to distance myself from the schooling concept, I am open to viewing this concept as split enrollment. The reason for this is because schools would need to be included to get the most out of the concept.

The general idea behind split enrollment is that a family works primarily with one organization to help establish a multi-facility educational plan. This organization would gather required paperwork, distribute paperwork to those who require it, set up time with facilities of interest, establish funding obligations, take responsibility for billing, and more.

There is another reason that I brought up sports. For sports, I am suggesting a similar path. I would be willing to provide services within this theoretical organization, but I would prefer to spin off such functions. In the long run, I do not believe that split enrollment would work well with one organization seeking members controlling the process. Independence would be needed for the purpose of neutrality.

No comments:

Post a Comment