Sunday, March 3, 2019

My Idea Outlet: Educational Rights>Educational Rights Day>Description

A new page, Educational Rights Day>Description, has been added to my Educational Rights notebook for My Idea Outlet. The contents can be found below.


I believe in the right to learn. Unfortunately, modern-day society seems to have developed hostility towards learning, especially when that learning is not controlled by the schools. We encounter about 365 days each year when independent learning is treated like a sin.

I would love to see society become tolerant of learning all 365.25 days each year. Until this happens, I am willing to accept just one day. I call this day Educational Rights Day.

Educational Rights Day could be viewed as a holiday unlike any other holiday. One day would be set aside each year to maximize open learning opportunities. Some people would have to work in order to ensure that resources are available and not misused. Those who don't work would have all sorts of opportunities to try out educational opportunities free from ridicule.

One day a year is certainly not a worthy replacement for an entire lifetime of educational rights. Over time, I intend to explain more about purpose, implementation, and shortcomings of this idea for a practical holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment