Saturday, July 1, 2017

Mid-year Changes

I have decided to make a change to my online presence without waiting for next year. I have been struggling to keep up with everything in my life, so I have decided to scale back a little.


I have been making sure that I post to either this blog, my education blog, or my photo blog every other day. Starting this month, I have decided to switch to posting once every three days. For the sake of simplicity, I will target days that are multiples of 3. There could be exceptions such as these kinds of announcements. Usually, they will occur on January 1, to provide yearly changes as they take effect. This post is similar in the sense that I wanted to get the message out rather than wait for the 3rd.

My Idea Outlet will also move to a three-day schedule. This will kick in after I am done with my current queue. Posts to My Idea Outlet will take place one day after my normal blog posts. This will also reduce the length of posts for my summaries.

To address these changes, monthly posts will need to be adjusted. I don't have many monthly posts anymore. The summaries for My Idea Outlet have been posted on the 3rd of each month. This can remain since it fits the new pattern.

I have been posting my progress updates for my photo blog on the 17th of each month. I am planning to move this to the 15th of each month.

One final thing. While playing around with Tumblr, some of my photo posts have moved there. My photo blog is down to only posts for progress updates and photo challenges. I am seriously considering the possibility of adding those posts to my personal Tumblr to reduce the number of sites that I am maintaining, effectively ending posts to my photo blog. I don't want to split photo challenges between blogs, so a change along these lines would have to wait until the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment