Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Vacation 2016 - Final Falls

We have finished everything except the drive. A couple forms of wildlife had been seen while my attention was aimed elsewhere. Those would be a Douglas Squirrel and American Dippers. I didn’t do any bird checklists today.


This was a waterfall day for us. We started with our biggest walk, Elowah Falls. This was followed by quick stops at Horsetail Falls and Multnomah Falls. I am a little upset with myself for how I handled Multnomah Falls. I didn’t properly lock one of the legs of my tripod. I reached down to fix it and found out the hard way that I forgot to tighten the head on my quick shoe. My camera crashed to the ground. I cracked my neutral density filter. My camera lens and body seemed to work properly, but I’m going to have to check my pictures to see if there are any problems there.

We made a few more stops at waterfalls. These were Wahkeena Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, and Latourell Falls. We also saw Shepherd’s Dell Falls from the car but decided not to stop. Our final stop was at Vista House. We took some shots there to finish up the vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment