Sunday, May 31, 2015

Vacation 2015 - Attempted Birding Day

We decided that because today was supposed to be our dry day, we would go birding. There was one slight problem. Today turned out to be our wettest. I couldn't bring out my camera, so I couldn't get the views of the birds that I wanted.

The first stop was the Shawnee Prairie again. Then we headed toward Celina and made several quick stops. During the various stops, we found Chipmunks, a Hummingbird, Cardinals, a Blue Jay, Swifts?, a Dove, Robins, Cowbirds, a Downy Woodpecker, Geese, an Egret, Blackbirds, Herons, Mallards, Gulls, Tree Swallows, a House Sparrow, and a Starling.

UPDATE 1: I have added eBird checklists for Shawnee Prairie and Mercer Wildlife Area.

UPDATE 2: I have added pictures from Greenville City Park to Flickr and my photo blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment