Thursday, May 21, 2015

Non-conformity

I consider myself to be a non-conformist. I don't mean that in a conformist sort of way. I do not conform to non-conformist stereotypes.


In order to be a legitimate non-conformist, you have to occasionally agree with the mainstream. Sometimes. Non-conformists will not let the mainstream sway them. The only way to consistently deviate from the mainstream is to intentionally deviate. In other words, the mainstream has to influence them.

Like I already stated, there are also non-conformist stereotypes. People feel that non-conformity is about tattoos and piercings. I can assure you that nobody who refuses to let other dictate their lives will come up with the idea of tattoos and piercings on their own. Anyone who pursues these things is a conformist.

There is nothing that you can do to conclusively prove that you are a non-conformist. If you pursue what you believe is proof, you are effectively conforming to what you believe a non-conformist is. You can look through my blogs if you want evidence that I do not conform. I don't care if anyone feels that I'm a non-conformist. If I did, I would almost certainly show signs of conformity.

No comments:

Post a Comment