Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Political Cheerleaders

While I may not be politically active, I have read comments related to political stories. I find a lot of comments disturbing. Among the issues I have is when people clearly root for one party to push the other into obscurity.


Our two-party system is clearly dysfunctional. I can think of something worse, a one-party system. If we continue to reject outside candidates and are rooting for the demise of the other, we are effectively rooting for a one-party system.

What does a one-party system offer? In short, zero accountability. Let me ask you a question. Do you honestly believe that your preferred party would show any concerns for what is in your, my, or anyone else's best interests if they have nobody to keep their power in check?

I hate the two-party system, but I hate the one-party system that political cheerleaders seem to want even more. Even if you are a hardcore supporter of one of the two parties, make sure that you check out the opposing candidates. Make sure that you sometimes even vote against your preferred party to make sure they have to make an effort to win your support. Otherwise, things are going to be even worse than they are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment