Saturday, September 13, 2014

Anthrax Scare

Shortly after the terrorist attacks of 9/11, the media found another attack to scare viewers into watching. Someone had been sending Anthrax through the mail.


The media played up the threat level. They insisted that all Americans must pay close attention to every single item they received through the mail or they could die. They were also kind enough to give us a few tips to prevent this unlikely scenario. This way, they could act like they are saving lives.

One thing that I noticed during these reports was that every incident they mentioned was addressed. They also seemed to be aimed at similar targets. Nobody knows who I am. I'm not a politician,and I'm not a member of the media. Why would I be targeted? The simple reality is that I was not at risk. I never took the over-the-top reports seriously.

As I keep saying, this is one of the big problems with the American media. They try to scare people into watching. They don't present information in a way that is actually useful to their viewers. If they did, they would have acknowledged that the threat was not widespread. Instead, they try to make their viewers feel that not giving them their precious ratings could have lethal consequences. They might as well embrace the slogan, "Watch or die!"

No comments:

Post a Comment