Friday, August 15, 2014

Nobody will ever be better at being you than you.

A recent mental exercise that I developed asked others to create a list of defining beliefs. Since I already had a list, I added a new belief to my list. I want to make sure that I have it listed with the other beliefs when you look through the Defining Beliefs label, so I had to post here as well. I'm feeling a little lazy, so I have simply copied and pasted my explanation of this defining belief from the mental exercise follow-up.

There are a lot of people who say that you should find what you are the best at. I prefer a broader view of this concept. There is an infinite number of components to individuality. You might be able to find people who are better than you in regard to these components, but nobody will be able to reach your level on all of these infinite components. In other words, I can guarantee that I am better than you at some things and that you are better than me at some things.

I am a big believer in individual rights. I feel that being the best at being you is something special and something that should be embraced. I also feel that we should not only acknowledge our differences, but utilize those differences in our pursuit of becoming the best that we can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment