Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Photographic limitations

I spend a lot of time outside with my camera, but I’m not shooting everything. Photography is generally not my highest priority. I’m not going to let my camera keep me from having fun, and I’m not going to ruin my camera if it’s too wet.

If you have visited my blog before, you are probably aware of Chambers Creek Properties being my primary shooting location. This is due to a number of reasons including proximity to where I live and quality of the walking trails. In fact, I go there primarily to walk. I bring my camera when the weather is camera-friendly, but I will walk in any conditions. That includes delightfully drizzly days and hot and miserable sunny days (as long as I head out early enough).

Most of my vacations are very camera-friendly, but I went on a cruise back in June. Photographic opportunities did not drive my choices of excursions because I refused to let my camera ruin my vacation. Much like Chambers Creek Properties, photography was not my highest priority.

On vacation, I am more likely to bring a DSLR out in the rain. I have rain protection. It may be cheap, but it should be enough to handle most of the rain we encounter. Since I spend so much time at Chambers Creek Properties, I find that it’s a little harder to take any chances. If I miss a shot, I can always come back tomorrow and try again.

I should also mention that I have added a small waterproof camera last year. I can bring a camera with me pretty much anywhere in pretty much any conditions. I won’t be able to shoot wildlife, but I will still shoot if I find an irresistible target.

No comments:

Post a Comment