Sunday, November 11, 2012

Expectations of Criticism

If anyone ever found my blogs, I would probably make a few enemies. I do not conform to the views of the mainstream, and most people do.

Let’s just imagine what would happen if teachers discovered my education blog. They would tear me apart. After all, I view their profession as harmful, and they don’t bother to examine the consequences of their actions. If these teachers started commenting, I could wind up flooded with criticism. This wouldn’t be sufficient to disprove anything. The majority can be and frequently is wrong.

If I ever reach the point where I have dialog that primarily tears apart my beliefs, I will have reason to celebrate. In order to reach that point, my beliefs would have to become more visible to others. That would also be a good sign that people can see valid points that they want to defend themselves against in my posts.
I view my educational beliefs as about 90% common sense. People don’t want to believe that their beliefs (that they let others form for them) are wrong. This is a good setup to get people lying to themselves. People could lash out against me because they want me to be wrong, and they might not even have legitimate arguments.

No comments:

Post a Comment