Friday, February 24, 2012

Swallowing my tongue

My language skills don’t tend to wow people. Partially thanks to the schools, I have developed a hatred for my lone language. Over the years, I have found shortcuts. I no longer restrict thoughts to words.

I have been known to think and talk at the same time. The problem is that I don’t always connect those two things. If my thought process gets too far ahead of what I’m trying to say, I stumble. In some cases, I am actually trying to say two things simultaneously. When this happens, I refer to it as swallowing my tongue.

When I say that I’m swallowing my tongue, I mean that my tongue is not in position to make the sounds that I want. I make weird noises as a result. Sometimes I might expand the idea to any scenario where I’m not saying or writing what I’m trying to. If you see anything where I make no sense and I insist that I swallowed my tongue, I’m saying that my words did not come out right.

No comments:

Post a Comment