Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Second Nest

I have been watching the nesting ospreys (next to the North Dock) at Chambers Creek Properties. Unfortunately, I usually arrive at high tide. This limits how close I can approach the nest, and it keeps me from walking south along the beach. Last week, the tide was low enough for the south beach and I saw an osprey on the bridge used by BNSF over Chambers Creek. I figured that there had to be a nest somewhere near that bridge, if not on the bridge.

Today, I revisited the park during minus tides and watched an osprey disappear when it reached the bridge. How did I miss it? The nest is towards the top of the bridge about halfway across. It’s not nearly as visible as the other nest, but you should be able to find it if you know where to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment