Thursday, December 2, 2010

Just Getting Started


When it comes to opening up, I have gone through cycles. I am not a social person, so I have a tendency to hold back my thoughts. Seeing the messed up world around me keeps convincing me that holding back is a mistake, particularly when I feel that I can help others understand what needs to improve. I have repeatedly tried to open up a little more. Even with a microscopic portion of openness generates negativity from those who strictly conform to the mainstream. When this happens, I become an outcast and close up again.

I really hope that I can finally bring an end to this trend. I am personally sick of pretending to be someone that I can't respect simply because I fear the mistreatment. That's one of the reasons that I am trying to go public with a bold announcement:

I am an individual who can think for himself.

I'm sure some mindless zombies typical of the modern world will downplay the significance of this announcement, but I can assure you that I am now guaranteed to make some enemies. Most people conform to socially acceptable beliefs. I don't. For those of you who can't put two and two together, that means that many of my beliefs and opinions would not be considered socially acceptable.

This is starting to get a little longer than I wanted for my initial post. The point that I'm trying to make is that this personal blog will likely contain some objectionable material, particularly for the over-the-top conformists that make up about 90% of the population. Please be patient since I am not yet ready to commit very much time to this blog. I haven't shared it with very many people, and I don't want to post a bunch of ramblings before anyone knows of its existence. I will try to get things going at the start of the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment