Monday, November 18, 2019

My Idea Outlet: Background and History>Relaunch

A new page, Background and History>Relaunch, has been added to my main My Idea Outlet notebook. The contents can be found below.


Every year, I try to spend at least some time reevaluating my online presence. In 2017, my personal projects became overwhelming. I felt obligated to streamline my approach to various online posts.

I was already struggling with the format for My Idea Outlet. Paragraphs were awkwardly structured in hopes that they would each make sense on their own. As I have already explained, this made it very difficult to read a full redundancy-filled page.

This structure also meant that I was splitting up work. Every two or three days, I would create a new post. This was on top of posts to Blogger every two or three days.

I ultimately decided to shift My Idea Outlet to Blogger. By posting one full page at a time, I could replace one of my normal Blogger posts, work on my online presence about once every three days instead of every day (original timing) or twice every three days (revised timing), and address my awkward paragraphs.

I burned off some Tumblr posts at the start of 2018 just to ensure that people would be able to know about the transition. Once those were finished, I started from the beginning on Blogger. I occasionally looked at my old work for ideas, but everything was being completely rewritten.

No comments:

Post a Comment